This Privacy Notice describes how MSI Online Store (collectively “MSI”) collects and processes your personal information through MSI Online Store. By using the MSI Online Store websites, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does MSI Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services. Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to MSI Online Store. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our MSI Services.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of MSI Online Store, including information about your interaction with content and services available through MSI Online Store. Like many websites, we use "cookies" and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses MSI Online Store and other content served by or on behalf of MSI on other websites.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
For What Purposes Does MSI Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve MSI Online Store. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the MSI Online Store and associated services.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with MSI Online Store.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to MSI Online Store via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, MSI, and others.
Email advertising with registration for the newsletter
If you register for our newsletter, we use the data required for this or separately provided by you in order to regularly send you our e-mail newsletter based on your consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit.
Unsubscribing from the newsletter is possible at any time and can be done either by changing subscription in MSI member center or via a link provided in the newsletter.
After unsubscribing from the newsletter, we will stop sending you the aforementioned contents which is permitted by law and which we will inform you about in this declaration. However, please note that unsubscribing from the newsletter will not result in the deletion of your email address from our systems. Your email address will be kept for the purposes as described in this section until such times as you request to delete your email, or we no longer have the purposes for processing your email.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
- Recognizing you when you sign-in to use our services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalized content, and recognize you as a MSI member.
- Keeping track of your specific preferences. This allows us to honor your preferences, such as whether or not you would like to see interest-based ads. You may set your preferences through https://de.msi.com/about/profile
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping cart.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve MSI Online Store’s content, products, and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interests on MSI sites and third-party sites.
- Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our services.
- MSI Online Store’s cookies allow you to take advantage of some of MSI Online Store's essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to add items to your Shopping Cart, proceed to Checkout, or use any MSI Online Store products and services that require you to sign in.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The 'Help' feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to block cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you block all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
Does MSI Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below and with our parent company,Micro Star Int’l, Co., Ltd., or subsidiaries controlled by our parent company that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Are Children Allowed to Use MSI Online Store?
MSI does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use MSI Online Store only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use MSI Online Store
You provide information to us when you:
- search or shop for products or services in our stores;
- add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use MSI Services;
- download, stream, view, or use content on a device or through a service or application on a device;
- provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address or mobile number when shopping with us) or Your Profile ;
- upload your contacts;
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
- provide and rate Reviews ;
- employ product availability alerts , such as available to order notifications.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- people, addresses and phone numbers listed in your Addresses;
- e-mail addresses of your friends and other people;
- content of reviews and e-mails to us;
- personal description and photograph in Your Profile ;
- information and documents regarding identity, including Social Security and driver's license numbers;
- credit history information.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, e-mail address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, and network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- version and time zone settings;
- purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features like Top Sellers ;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services;
- information about your interactions with products and services offered by our subsidiaries.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through MSI Services include:
- status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, and address book);
- payment settings (including payment card information, promotional certificate and gift card balances);
- e-mail notification settings;
- recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations;
- shopping lists;
- your content, devices, services, and related settings, and communications and personalized advertising preferences;
- content that you recently viewed;
- Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders and personal profile).
To keep giving you a great shopping experience, we periodically update our website security certificates based on new SSL Standards.
To continue using MSI Online Store you should install a supported browser and make sure that you’re always using the latest version. To install or update a supported browser please visit any of the browsers' websites:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
About Identifying Whether an Email, Phone Call, Text Message, or Webpage is from MSI
Emails, text messages, or calls from MSI will never ask for your personal information. If you receive a suspicious correspondence, here are some tips to determine if it's from MSI Online Store.
MSI will never send you an unsolicited message that asks you to provide sensitive personal information like your social security number, tax ID, bank account number, credit card information, ID questions like your mother's maiden name or your password.
MSI will never ask you to make a payment outside of our website and will never ask you for remote access to your device.
If you receive a suspicious or fraudulent correspondence, don't share any personal information and report it immediately.
Email and Text Messages. Don't open any attachments or click any links from suspicious emails or text messages.
Important: Phone Calls
While some departments at MSI will make outbound calls to customers, MSI will never ask you to disclose or verify sensitive personal information, or offer you a refund you do not expect.
Data ransfer to shipping service providers
If you have given us your express consent to this during or after your order, we will forward your e-mail address and telephone number to the selected shipping service provider on the basis of this in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. Delivery can contact you for the purpose of delivery notification or coordination.
The consent can be revoked at any time by sending a message to the contact option described below or directly to the shipping service provider at the contact address listed below. After revocation, we will delete the data you have provided for this purpose, unless you have expressly consented to further use of your data or we reserve the right to use data beyond this, which is permitted by law and about which we will inform you in this declaration.
UPS Europe SA
Attention: Data Protection
Authority Ave Ariane 5
Information about the data controller
Summary - details of the data controllers
For the purposes of this policy, the relevant data controllers are:
Data Controller Company
Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
MHK International Co., Ltd.
MHK International Co., Ltd.
Hanauer Landstraße 316
60314 Frankfurt am Main
Our data protection officer can be reached using the contact details given above.